Sunday, December 25, 2011

Bah Humbug!

     I love the holidays. I love cooking and decorating and gift giving as much as the next girl.But by golly, if it doesn't get irritating to hear it after you are ready to pack up! After all, here at the Bear Den, the 25th of December is just the 25th of December. It's just another day of the year. If you peep in on the Winter Solstice, or Thanksgiving, or New Years, then the party will be in full swing. Just not today.
     Now I have nothing against those to have a holiday today, but you have to understand the folks on the other side. How would you like it if on a random Sunday morning everyone started partying around you for someone else? It gets a little overwhelming hearing constant references to an occasion I have nothing to do with. It sort of feels like living in a foreign country for the day. Against my will. It's weird. And I wish I could go shopping!

No comments:

Post a Comment